Whether you are playing in a tournament or a holdem game, you need to keep notes on your opponents. Whether you are playing a home game with friends or at a bar, you need to mentally keep track of what cards your opponents play. I suggest you write numbers on a piece of paper like a business score sheet. When you’re finished, look at your score at the end of the night and be happy with your efforts.
Another suggestion is to have a notebook at home.
- Make a Post-It note pad that can be easily seen when you are recreation. When you win, immediately write your name on the Score Line. The next day, you can actually look at the cards and see if you wrote anything down. That’s helpful, but you also need to understand that the other players will do the same thing. Everyone has a chance to win, but you need to have fun.
- When you see that you are winning, don’t get overconfident right away. So many players will try to get ahead early by loosening up their starting hands. If your starting hand is good, wait for the other players to loosen up before you try to play junk hands. If you think you are beat, fold and wait for a good hand. It’s really that simple.
You must keep your face expressionless in order to be successful at poker.
- You are not allowed to make any vocalizations which will give an unfair advantage to your opponents as they will be trained to see signs of discomfort and signs of relief, so if you do feel something other than pleasure then code arrows on the side and surrender.
- Poker is a game of constant self-evaluation. You are not allowed to sit back and determine how good you are. You must constantly listen to your gut and do your self justice. After each game, reflect on your actions during the game and either stay the same or change them in some way. If you change your variables then you will be considered a new player. Although you will not be able to see your opponents face to face to give you the opportunity to feel their attitude, you will be able to see their cards and if something fishy is going on, you will be able to pick it up.
- Even though poker is a game of probability, there is a huge amount of luck involved. Therefore it is not advisable to rely on one book alone, but to use a combination of your several books, and to borrow from there what you need. arrange and store all of your books in a box since it is not possible to know when you are going to read a new book or not. Incase you don’t have a library card, ask a friend who always borrows from him. But before you do this, make sure that the person who borrowing from you knows the combination of numbers you need.
- If you are a beginner, you should not use the e-book because the article you read is not complete and lacking in many parts. You should go over the article several times before you start to read. Check if the examples are complete. The article you are reading may not be complete and you may rely on the examples in the article. When you apply the combinations to the e-mail you will begin to realize the problems with the examples not being written. Most of the articles on-line are free of charge, so you can check the articles as you read.
To flesh out the examples in the article, I thought I would write a short story that is related to poker.
This should help to make the article easier to understand.
The story goes like this: In the last hundred thousand hands, Player A has played the consistent way, checking and folding at the same time every time. Occasionally he will check-raise with a good hand. Therefore, you believe that Player A is playing a high percentage of hands. You cannot be sure that all of the times that he will play a hand, he will be playing it aggressively. The problem with that is that he might also be playing it conservatively, trying to make you think he is playing loose. If you believe that Player A is playing hands only 2% of the time, then you cannot call an all-in bet with hands that you know you will be out if called.